Wednesday, June 29, 2005

iCon


I'm on holidays at the moment in Athens and have brought along a couple of books to devour, one of which is "iCon Steve Jobs: The Greatest Second Act in the History of Business ". I've finished it and its a great read. There's been a lot written about Mr Jobs but I think this is first book that can put his (and his teams) achievements in perspective in the three industries he has impacted (music, computing and film). I'm even more convinced that Apple must have some big plans for the mobile space - it plays so well on their skill-set, the combination of hardware, software and user focused design.
I think the Motorola s/ware distribution deal is an industry distraction while their talented team of engineers devise something that can shake-up the mobile device space. Bring it on....Ill have two! ;-)

No comments: