Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Technology Yoda Required!
We (Naked) are currently looking for a high calibre individual to review and assess the technology implications, opportunities and challenges for a mobile start-up. If you are the man (or woman) for the job, or you know someone who might be, ping me at firstname.lastname@example.org - thanks. (we expect project duration to be in the region of 20-30 days at a competitive day rate).
The candidate will have 10yrs + experience in a leading mobile operator and/or Internet player with at least 5 yrs in a senior architectural, engineering or CTO role. With a comprehensive understanding of core messaging and voice architectures and standards (IM, IMPS, VoIP, SMS, MMS, Email, Web services and standards), the candidate will be adept at mapping commercial requirements to the realities of today’s and tomorrows technology capabilities. Familiar with communication related product offerings from leading vendors and emerging start-ups, the candidate will have a strong industry network and an in-depth understanding of the technology value chain.
• Provide technology strategy insights to the commercial start-up team.
• Review and assess the company’s overall strategy, entry strategy and goals in light of current technologies, capabilities and trends.
• Provide analysis and recommendation on software, hardware and handset architecture and infrastructure.
• Identify and provide access to possible technology partners
• Conduct technical due-diligence on capabilities, IPR and fit of potential technology partners.
• Review and assess the technical team’s organizational model
• Navigate key technical challenges and risks to provide a service realisation recommendation supported by key assumptions, evidence and insight.
at 10:14 pm