Thursday, April 10, 2008

10k images on Snapzone!


A couple of years ago, I set up a mobile-photo-blogging site. It was a (relatively) low-cost experiment to test offshore development, demand for moblogging, and something to keep me busy at weekends. I found a developer in the Ukraine and on and off over the course of about 12 months, Olexiy and I put together Snapzone. At one point I was toying with the idea of trying to raise some $ to grow it, but I then got involved in Naked, and Snapzone has been somewhat neglected. The encouraging thing though is that without any marketing (except for a mention in Mashup), a few people have found it and are using it. Today, it clocked up its 10,000th photo! Not exactly the big league, but not bad for a couple of grand and a few Sunday afternoons!

No comments: